- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) with Trichophytic Closure
- FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction
- Long Hair Transplant
- Semi Robotic Hair Transplant Surgery
- Bad Hair Transplant – Best Hair Transplant Surgery In India
- Micro Refined Microfollicular Hair Transplant Surgery (MMFT)
- Hair PRP Treatment Cost In Delhi (India) – Best Doctor & Procedure
- Correction of Previous Bad Hair Transplant – Correction of Bad Hair
- Complication of Hair Transplant
- Cost of Beard Hair Transplant and Body Hair Transplant Surgery – BHT
- Cost of Eyebrow Transplant in Delhi (India) – Surgery, Procedure & Treatment
- Looking for Hair Transplant Surgery In Delhi – India : Cost & Procedure
- Low Cost Hair Transplant
- Best Hair Transplant In India – Affordable Cost of Hair Transplant
- Non-Surgical Treatments for Hair Loss – Hair Fall
- Myths & Misconceptions of the Hair Transplant
- Hair Loss Center : Treatment, Causes, Type , Diagnosis and Medications
- FAQ of Hair Transplant
- Hair Restoration
Non-Surgical Treatments for Hair Loss – Hair Fall
8 Treatments for Hair Loss – Non-Surgical Treatments for Hair Loss
Hair loss and hair fall are two different conditions in which Hair fall is a manageable option and can be managed using various medications, whereas hair loss can only be treated by applying hair transplant. The medications for hair fall can prove to be effective only if these are continuously administered. It takes around 4-6 weeks before the results are visible. There are some medicines prescribed to treat hair loss and they are mentioned below-
It is a dosage of 1 mg and is supposed to be administered on alternate nights. The medicine operates by outcasting its anti-testosterone effect. DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is the active agent that is responsible for hair loss at a molecular level. Actions of DHT is blocked by Finasteride, allowing the increase in the thickness of existing hair and decrease in hair fall. There are some side effects too, such as a decrease in sexual drive since the drug is anti-testosterone. Once you stop taking the drug, the side effects take a reverse action in about 6 weeks.
A liquid solution of minoxidil commonly is available as Mintop and has proved to be the most effective in managing hair loss. It is available in various strengths, such as 2%, 5%, 10% etc. You are advised to start this medication from a lower concentration and eventually the dosage may be increased over a period of time. Most patients respond to the lower concentration quite well. The higher concentrations are used in rare cases. The increased use of this medication increases the blood flow to the scalp. This facilitates better nourishment to the roots of the hair, thereby decreasing the consequent hair fall and increases their thickness. Apart from occasional rashes and allergies, this process has proven to be very safe.
Some centres use the Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) mesotherapy in which such a procedure is followed that concentrated blood platelets are employed in the scalp. The treatment could be painful and is time-consuming where there is much debate going on in the medical field regarding its reliability.
A significant decrease in hair fall can be achieved by using the most effective lasers combs. It is still a convenient and safe method to decrease hair fall despite the fact that a definite scientific basis is awaited.