- Lip Fillers in Delhi (India) – Surgery Cost & Procedure
- Lip Augmentation Surgery in Delhi, India – Cost | Procedure
- Jaw Reduction Surgery Cost In Delhi, Gurgaon & India – V Line Surgery
- Lip Implant Surgery In Delhi (India) – Surgery Cost & Procedure
- Face Plastic Surgery In Delhi (India) – Cost & Procedure
- Otoplasty : Get EAR Reshaping Surgery & Best Ear Surgery In Delhi (India)
- Rhinoplasty – Nose Plastic Surgery (Nose Job)
- Jaw Plastic Surgery
- Buccal Fat Removal Surgery In Delhi , Gurgaon (India) Cost & Procedure
- Face Fat Injection (Facial Fat Grafting Injections)
- Dimpleplasty : Dimple Creation Procedure & Surgery
- Facial Scar
- Forehead Fillers Treatment
- Nose Fillers
- FAQ on Face
- Asian Blepharoplasty Surgery In Delhi , Gurgaon (India) : Eyelid Surgeon
- Lip Surgery
- Facial Implant Treatment
- Mini Face Lift
Facial Implant Treatment
Facial Implant Treatment
When you want to enhance certain features of your face such as cheeks, jaw line and chin, the best option for you is the facial implant. The specially formed solid, biocompatible materials that are designed to improve or restructure the physical structure of your face is called facial implants. There are mainly three kinds of implants included in this procedure. They are:
Chin implants: When the projection and size of the chin does not project in proportion with the mid-face and forehead, chin implant is used to correct the issue. Basically, chin implants are used to correct the inappropriate appearance of the chin.
Cheek implants: It will look awkward if the cheekbones projects abnormally. Cheek implants are usually used to increase the projection of the cheekbones and to add volume to the recessed or flat areas of the chin.
Jaw implants: Jaw implants are used to increase the width of the lower third of the face. Facial implants can be caused by both chin and jaw issues.
Facial implants are done with the aim of creating balance and proportion on the structure of your face. Before moving on to the procedure, the surgeon will examine your health conditions. He will give you instructions to help you in preparing for the surgery. He might also explain you the possible risks and complications of the surgery. Some of the possible risks of the procedure may include:
- Risks of the anesthesia
- Skin sensation changes
- Skin discoloration and swelling
- Skin sensitivity
- Irregularities of the skin contours
- Persisting pain
- Blood clots
- Cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Deep vein thrombosis etc
As usual, the first step of the procedure is anesthesia. The surgeon may use general anesthesia or sedation. The next procedure is the incision making. It may differ for chin, jaw and to the cheek. The incision may be made inside the mouth fro the chin implant. Sometimes, the incision will be made just beneath the chin as an alternative. Jaw implants are usually placed through the mouth, making incisions inside the mouth further back along the jawline, at the fold where the inside of the cheek and gums meet. Where the implant should be positioned in the cheek bone will be decided based on the specific area to be restructured. Most often, incisions are made in the mouth, through which the implants are placed.
After placing the implants thorough the incisions, the incision will be closed with absorbable stitches or sutures. The stitches can be removed within one to two weeks after the surgery. Good results are not always guaranteed for facial implant surgeries. Swelling may be visible for several months after the surgery. The final result of the surgery will be noticeable immediately after the surgery. But, this will be hidden by the swelling.
Facial implants can give a long-lasting result. But, during the healing stage, you might have to face localized swelling, numbness or discomfort and discoloration. Your facial movement may be impaired or restricted temporarily after the surgery.